Choose CT&G for custom cutting tool expertise.
When you need a custom tool, you need a partner who can meet you more than halfway, whether you’re developing a new tool or looking for a way to manage your existing inventory. Customers trust us to meet this need for three main reasons: experience, quality and fast delivery.
We have operated continuously since 1976, and many of our customers have been with us for more than ten years. Our expertise is broad and deep, with skills that include CNC grinding, medical tool grinding, OD and ID grinding, and Wire EDM.
We continually invest in the latest equipment and inspection technology, and we monitor production against your requirements through every stage in the process. As a result, we’re able to manufacture most tools to tighter tolerances than specified, even down to 0.0001”.
We’re big enough to handle quantities from 1 to 10,000, and small enough to be personally committed to delivering every order when you need it. And when you need it instantly, expedited service is available.
Custom Tooling Services.
Services are what put the “custom” in our name. We have everything you needs to build custom tools, including design and engineering, all under one roof. In addition, we’re equipped and staffed to provide expedited same-day service if needed.
- Tool Regrinding: We regrind most types and sizes of cutting tools, including alterations in either HSS, solid carbide, or carbide tipped tools.
- Tool Reconditioning: We are equipped to do retipping, refluting and other processes on tools that require more than the standard regrind.
- Tool Coating: Tool coating can be applied to reground, reconditioned, or manufactured tooling for extended tool life.
- Engineering: We have the experience and equipment to design tooling based on your part drawing and help you get optimum results for your machining process.
- Grinding: We provide surface, OD/ID and centerless grinding services.
- Medical Tool Grinding: We are equipped for, and experienced at meeting the demands of tooling for medical applications.
- Wire EDM: Our wire EDM (electrical discharge machining) equipment gives us the ability to make complex tools from hard metals that are difficult to machine with other methods.
- 4-Axis Machining: Many of our CNC cutters are capable of multiple-axis operation, giving us the flexibility to machine complex geometries quickly and accurately.
“There is only one place for our unique, custom carbide tooling needs – Custom Tool & Grinding. Prompt service, on-time delivery, affordable pricing, and always ‘right the first time’. It is a pleasure doing business with them.”
Don Kiser – Purchasing, Freeman Company